Friday, April 29

Prom Dress Upcycling

I have started an in home business, in addition to my crafting/etsy shop that I do for fun...the goal is to get my husband down to one job while allowing me to be home with my kids! He is a hard working man with two jobs and school. :)

Anyway, I am doing alterations and with Prom, for a few local high schools, tomorrow, the past couple of weeks have been busy!

I just wanted to share my major overhaul. I got this dress as a last minute re-do. The gal found it at Goodwill (love that place) and liked the peacock green color. Also the dress was a size 8 and she is a size 3. I thought the color had a vintage feel and suggested we went 1960s with it...ya know Mad Men style is very in.

I finished the dress tonight, just in time for Prom tomorrow...I did it all in three days! Thats while juggling my three kids and other alteration jobs. As a reward, my husband and I are taking a well deserved night off and going out on our first date in three months tomorrow!

Here's pictures of the dress, would love to know your thoughts!



Here she is with her date on the big night!!

If you are local, look me up @ Sew Cute Alterations www.facebook.com/SewCuteAlterations

I linked up @ Tatertots & Jello

3 comments:

Tiffany: Diva Locks said...

I love it!, very "in" and hip.....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

with free color and size customize service you will get yourUnique Prom Dresses easily.